Emerging Diseases: (No Rest for the Wicked) Wednesday March 24, 2021 – 3 CE credits AGD Code 148 Webinar 6pm-9pm
Against the backdrop of a COVID-19 pandemic, knowledge of novel pathogens and microbial evolution is vital. Explore known, new and altered diseases of importance to dental professionals including bloodborne, respiratory and contact diseases. Discuss strategies to manage present and future emerging resistant pathogens and biofilm diseases. These issues are discussed relative to occupational risk, mitigation strategies and the “new normal” for clinical safety.
Learning Objectives – Attendees will:
• Recognize and assess well-known infectious diseases.
• Be able to identify and explain current trends in infectious diseases.
• Be informed of and prepared for unexpected risks.
• Apply infection control and safety strategies to usual and unusual disease risks.
Ms. Dewhirst graduated from the University of Southern California, practiced dental hygiene for 20 years and is adjunct dental hygiene faculty at West Coast University. Ms. Dewhirst is consistently listed as one of the nation’s “Leaders in CE”, presents over 80 seminars a year, is featured at major U.S. and Canadian Dental Conferences, and is a member of the California Dental Association Speakers Bureau. She has had many articles published in dental peer-reviewed journals and has contributed to dental textbooks.
Some highlights of The Insider’s Guide to Dental Practice Success:
• New patient acquisition techniques
• Put an end to turning NEW patients away
• How to get local business and promote your practice
• One thing you should never discuss on the phone
• The internet sites you need to claim NOW
• Prevent hiring mistakes
• So much more!!
• Practices will learn how to increase new patient number and deliver better customer
• Gain knowledge to increase productivity.
• Develop strategies for preventing and filling cancellations.
• Treatment plan presentation strategies