Hands on Endodontics with Dr. Mario Abdennour-Hands-on Endodontics – April 16-18 2021
$975.00 – $1,125.00
When: Friday April 16 8am-5pm, Saturday April 17, 8am-5pm, Sunday April 18, 8am-1pm
Location: Cedar Knolls NJ
This Mastership three-day lecture and hands on program will provide detailed methods to improve clinical patient care and will demonstrate how endodontic therapy can be precise, predictable and enjoyable. Endodontics has evolved considerably in the recent past with the aim of improving patient satisfaction while improving the clinical quality of care. During this multiple day mastership program, we will focus on various aspects of endodontic care spanning from diagnosis and access to precision instrumentation and obturation. The emphasis is based on the clinical management of patients with the goal of acquiring the knowledge base to deliver efficient and predictable endodontic care while reducing file separation, ledging and transportation. This course will cover phases of non-surgical endodontics such as access, diagnostic tools, biomechanical debridement, documentation, endodontic re-treatment as well as apical and peri- radicular surgery. Specifics will include:
• 1-Efficient rotary instrumentation: Advantages of conservative taper preparation as a new “Blended Technique” will be introduced resulting in safe, efficient instrumentation for all root canal types.
• 2-Debridement of oval and irregular shaped canals; Enhanced disinfection and benefits of piezoelectric ultrasonics improving the long-term prognosis of the tooth. Non- surgical endodontic re-treatment and advantages of integrated apex locator/handpiece technology will also be discussed.
• 3- Obturation: Hydraulic Condensation as the latest 3-D bonded obturation method incorporating Bio-Ceramic sealer technology. Precise obturation of large under- developed irregular canals and one visit apexification will be discussed step by step.
• 4- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth; perforation repair; efficient drill- less anatomical post preparation and placement; safe access trough crowns: and post
• 5 – Basics of apical and peri-radicular surgery: Effective root resection, apical preparation and Bio-Ceramic retrograde obturation techniques.
• 6- Effective Non-vital Intra-coronal Bleaching will also be covered.
Hands on component will include:
• Rotary instrumentation with the ESBlend Technique, using Non-heat treated and heat-treated files.
• Obturation using Hydraulic Bonded 3-D Condensation, perforation repair using the latest Bio-ceramic root repair materials and will also practice drill-less post preparation and placement.
• Place Bio-Active (Bio-mimetic restorative materials) and how they can be used in conjunction with Bio-Ceramics in endodontics.
• Plastic teeth and plastic blocks with simulated canals will be provided for your convenience.
Mario E. Abdennour, DMD ,MMSc
Dr. Abdennour received his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree in 1989 from Washington University School of Dental Medicine where he also received the “outstanding clinical ability” award. Following his dental degree, he attended a postgraduate general practice residency at a U.S.C. affiliated hospital in California. In 2000, he received his specialty certificate in endodontics, as well as a
Master in Medical Sciences in Oral Biology from the Advanced Graduate Endodontic Program at Harvard University School of Dental Medicine. Since 2000, Dr.Abdennour has held a faculty appointment as a clinical instructor and lecturer at the Advanced Graduate Endodontic Program at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine teaching micro-surgical and non-surgical endodontics.
During his specialty program, he also trained in surgical endodontics at the Karl Franz University Hospital in Austria. Upon graduation from Harvard, he was the class recipient of the Krakow Award for Clinical Proficiency in Endodontics.
In addition, Dr. Abdennour has conducted endodontic research at the Forsyth Dental Institute in Boston contributing in the patent of a therapeutic endodontic agent. He has also lectured nationally and internationally at dental meetings, conventions, dental schools and endodontic programs demonstrating live endodontic surgery. Dr. Abdennour has been the President and Chairman of two
component Dental Societies in New England. From 2016-2018, Dr. Abdennour was the President of the Massachusetts Association of Endodontists and currently serves on the board as Immediate Past-President. As a member of Real World Endo’s Board of Advisors, Dr. Abdennour is certified to conduct lectures and seminars on Precision-Based Endodontics.
Some highlights of The Insider’s Guide to Dental Practice Success:
• New patient acquisition techniques
• Put an end to turning NEW patients away
• How to get local business and promote your practice
• One thing you should never discuss on the phone
• The internet sites you need to claim NOW
• Prevent hiring mistakes
• So much more!!
• Practices will learn how to increase new patient number and deliver better customer
• Gain knowledge to increase productivity.
• Develop strategies for preventing and filling cancellations.
• Treatment plan presentation strategies
AIM Full Cycle, AIM Lite