Dr. Steven Acker – Fri/Sat – May 7-8, 2021 – 8:30 am – 5pm – (14) CE Credits – An Interdisciplinary Approach to Understanding and Implementing Airway and Sleep Disordered Breathing Protocols
$200.00 – $550.00
An Interdisciplinary Approach to Understanding and Implementing Airway and Sleep Disordered Breathing Protocols
2 Day CE Course – Friday & Saturday May 7/8 – 8:30 am – 5pm
Galloping Hills Golf Course – 3 Golf Dr, Kenilworth, NJ 07033
- Airway disorders and sleep disordered breathing – introduction, health concerns from a Public Health perspective
- Anatomy and physiology of the airway
- Genetic and epigenetic factors in airway and craniofacial development
- Introduction of the System for managing airway patients
- Structure , function and behavior as root causes of airway dysfunction
- Patient Screening introduced
- Data collection – medical metrics, clinical exam, clinical photography, and cone beam CT scan, digital intraoral scanning
- Interpretation of data collection
- Training of high resolution pulse oximeter
- Demonstration of scanner
- Introduction to diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Upper airway Resistance Syndrome
- Diagnosing cases
- Review of data from high resolution pulse oximeters.
- Oral Appliance therapy introduced
- Analog impression techniques for oral appliance therapy
- Digital scanning for oral appliance therapy (live demo)
- Review of myofunctional therapy and functional appliances
- Building a network of providers for our airway patients.
- Review of sleep and health
- Case presentations and reviews.
- Adjunctive therapies.
Member, New Grad, Non-Member Dentist, RDH/DA/Staff