- This event has passed.
Spring Break: Implants
March 22, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - March 24, 2015 @ 1:00 pm
SAVE THE DATE!
Explore the latest implant strategies for the general dentist
The course will appeal to any dentist who has integrated implants into their everyday practice. Dr. Pedroza will utilize an interactive format to engage participants in the discussion of implant dentistry using the principles of natural implants restored in stable alveolar bone (NIRISAB). He will provide solutions to the challenges often faced when placing implants and answer your questions around temporization, overcement, peri-implantitis and treatment options for edentulous patients.
Don’t miss out on this practical course and the gorgeous weather of the Island! You will have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful beaches and visit historical sites around the island. The hospitality and the friendliness of Puerto Rican people make the trip a charming experience for you and your family. Puerto Rico is a USA territory and enjoys the same currency, the same citizenship (no need for VISAS or Passports), same stable democratic government as any other USA state, plus the TROPICAL CLIMATE!
- Learn restorative and surgical techniques that enhance implant esthetics using the principles NIRISAB
- Understand the principles of temporization and know at what stage of the process it is most effective, during placement or uncovering
- Know principles of screw retention vs. cementation and what factors determine when each are indicated
- Learn to diagnose peri-implantitis, its causes and how is it treated
- Understand treatment options for fully edentulous patients including bar, locators, all on 4 and hybrids
- Assess whether autogenous bone is still the gold standard material for bone grafting in implant dentistry
15 Lecture Credits