- This event has passed.
AIM 32 – Immediate Implant Dentistry & Laser Dentistry
October 12 @ 8:00 am - October 14 @ 2:00 pm
Over the course of THREE days you will hear from TWO outstanding Educators.
Friday, October 12, 2018 – 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Critical Considerations For Immediate Implant Dentistry
Dr. Dale Rosenbach
In attempting to avoid the healing delay of an extraction socket prior to placing a dental implant when indicated, many clinicians either perform or request immediate implant placement, which consists of surgically placing an implant into an extraction socket. This course will inform the clinician about anterior and posterior immediate implant dentistry and review both the potential benefits and drawbacks of the procedure.
Participants who complete this course will:
- Appreciate classifications given to timing of surgical implant placement (i.e. immediate, delayed immediate, late, etc.)
- Recognize when a tooth slated for extraction is a good candidate for an immediate implant
- Understand the significance of an infected socket as it relates to immediate implant dentistry
- Understand post-extraction alveolar ridge resorption and how socket preservation and immediate implant placement affect this phenomenon
- Distinguish between primary stability and osseointegration and recognize how the morphologic features of an extraction socket may impact implant success
Meet Dale Rosenbach, DMD, MS
Dr. Rosenbach received his undergraduate degree in biology from Yeshiva University and his dental degree from New Jersey Dental School. After completing a one-year general practice residency at Woodhull Medical Center in Brooklyn, he attended Columbia University for his postdoctoral training in periodontics and implant dentistry, completing a master’s degree focusing on the effects of abutment dis/reconnection on initial peri-implant bone loss. Dr. Rosenbach is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Rosenbach is currently clinical attending and course director of the periodontics & implant dentistry lecture series at the GPR at Woodhull Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Rosenbach maintains a practice limited to periodontics and surgical implantology in the New York metro area.
Saturday, October 13, 2018 – 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM & Sunday, October 14, 2018 – 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Credentialing Course In Laser Dentistry
Dr. John Graeber
This 2 day program is the world-wide accepted standard of minimal Laser training for those who use lasers in practice. The curriculum is the Standard Proficiency Course according to the Academy of Laser Dentistry.
The program consists of 4 parts:
- Clinical Hands-On Experience
- Practical Clinical Examination
- Online Written Examination (administered by the Academy of Laser Dentistry)
Due to the breakdown of this program space is limited to 30 participants:
- Saturday, October 13, 2018: Lecture
- Sunday, October 14, 2018: Hands-On*
*For Sunday: Please bring your own lasers. (Including personal magnification and Laser filters or glasses for your unit.)
Participants who complete this course will acquire:
- Basic understanding of the science of laser physics
- Practical understanding of the safety issues involved in laser use
- Thorough knowledge of each of the available wavelengths used in dental procedures
- Hands-on approach to the laser tissue interactions
Registration has closed.