This Mastership lecture and hands on program will provide attendee with detailed instructions to improve clinical patient care and will demonstrate prosthodontics can be precise, predictable, profitable and enjoyable.
Speaker: Louis Dipede, DDS, DMD
Over the course of three days, this course will present topics in Prosthodontics that may need clarification for the practicing dentist.
Fixed Prosthodontics Update: Discussions will include materials science and pertinent research, as well as “wet-fingered” prosthodontic techniques to save chair time. Learn how osseo-integrated implants have changed practice and treatment planning forever.
The Implant Soft-Tissue Interface: Strategies to preserve, improve and record gingival architecture associated with implants are discussed, including how prosthodontic material and techniques influence that soft tissue form.
Complete Dentures: Re-discovering an Art, Basing it on Science: Discover which basic procedures abandoned after dental school should be resurrected to pay dividends for you.
Ensuring Removable Partial Denture Success: This lecture will discuss the dynamic movement of an RPD during function, and how this influences its design.
Participants will understand how to:
- Restore endodontically treated teeth with confidence
- Prepare teeth quickly without sacrificing quality
- Apply crown margin designs for biological, mechanical and esthetic requirements
- Identify short-cuts that put you at high risk to lose more than your profit
- Prescribe non-metallic restorations for maximum longevity
- Critique any implant system
- Complete a basic implant case efficiently and reliably
- Techniques to get patients to accept their new dentures.
- How to reduce denture post-op adjustments.
- Which denture occlusions to use, and which to avoid.
- Why tissue conditioning is so important.
- Why the first patient interview is the most important denture visit.
- The importance of overdentures using natural teeth or implants.
- How to easily construct a simple implant overdenture.
- Why some commonly used designs result in failure
- Why RPD maintenance is an integral part of the service
- How to control the forces transferred to the abutment teeth
- How fulcrum lines affect the framework design
- Maintain gingival architecture when transitioning from teeth to implants
- Influence gingival architecture with restorative materials
- Record sub-gingival tissues for laboratory communication
- Predict the likelihood of an esthetically pleasing outcome
- Discuss the various overdenture treatment options.
- Interpret a patient’s complaint with existing dentures.
- Diagnose, design and fabricate implant overdentures.
- Choose an attachment system for an overdenture.
- Know if a full-arch case is suitable for a fixed vs. removable prosthesis.
- Avoid common complications in replacing an edentulous arch with implants.
Meet Dr. Louis A. DiPede
Dr. Louis A. DiPede received his BA from Rutgers University and his Doctoral of Dental Medicine from UMDNJ – NJ Dental School in 1990. Dr. DiPede completed his residency at UCLA School of Medicine in Los Angeles, CA and was a fellow at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center from 1995-1996. Dr. DiPede is currently an assistant professor and Director of Postgraduate Prosthodontics at Rutgers Health University.