An Interdisciplinary Approach to Understanding and Implementing Airway and Sleep Disordered Breathing Protocols
Friday, May 1 - Saturday, May 2
Dr. Steve Acker – An Interdisciplinary Approach to Understanding and Implementing Airway and Sleep Disordered Breathing Protocols
River View Banquet Center
56 River Road
Berkeley Heights NJ 07922
Friday May 1, 2020 – Saturday May 2, 2020
Registration & Breakfast – 7:30 am / Course 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
*Continental Breakfast & Hot Lunch Buffett Included*
Day 1 – Friday May 1
Airway disorders and sleep disordered breathing – introduction, health concerns from a Public Health perspective
- Anatomy and physiology of the airway
- Genetic and epigenetic factors in airway and craniofacial development
- Introduction of the System for managing airway patients
- Structure, function and behavior as root causes of airway dysfunction
- Patient Screening introduced
- Data collection – medical metrics, clinical exam, clinical photography, and cone beam CT scan, digital intraoral scanning
- Interpretation of data collection
- Training of high-resolution pulse oximeter
- Demonstration of scanner
- Introduction to diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Upper airway Resistance Syndrome
Day 2 – Saturday May 2
- Diagnosing cases
- Review of data from high resolution pulse oximeters.
- Oral Appliance therapy introduced
- Analog impression techniques for oral appliance therapy
- Digital scanning for oral appliance therapy (live demo)
- Review of myofunctional therapy and functional appliances
- Building a network of providers for our airway patients.
- Review of sleep and health
- Case presentations and reviews.
- Adjunctive therapies.